Montclair Branch- Oakland Public Library

Tucked into a residential street in leafy, hilly Montclair Village, the Montclair Branch library owes its beginnings to Chauncey W. Gibson, who donated the house-like building to the city in 1930. A small, sunny courtyard out front and tables facing large windows inside provide a welcome spot to pore over the branch's surprisingly good art book selection. The library also houses two large later additions to the original building: a young adult room and spacious children's area.

No comments: